Information about climbing Mount Batur, Bali Mount Batur is a volcano that is still active today. The location of this mountain is in Batur village, Kintamani, Bangli, Bali. This mountain, which is up to 1717 meters above sea level, has been a favorite place for climbing for decades. Until now, perhaps millions of tourists have climbed and captured beautiful moments on this mountain. Apart from local tourists, there are many foreign tourists from various parts of the world who have visited. Most of them come to witness the beauty of the sunrise directly from the peak.
A trip to Mount Batur to watch the sunrise will encourage you to wake up earlier than usual. If you depart from the Ubud area, it is best to leave the hotel at 2 a.m. Thus, you will arrive at the foot of Mount Batur around 3 a.m. This is the best time to start climbing to the top.
During the climb, you will experience adventure in the dark of night. Here, half of the route will go through a forest with quite dense trees. Then, after an hour’s journey, the forest will start to thin, and the climbing route to Mount Batur will start to get a little rocky. At several points, you will be able to see layers of red lava that have frozen. After approximately two hours of climbing, we will arrive at the top of the mountain at around 5.30 a.m. This is the right time to rest and enjoy breakfast while waiting for the sun to rise.
6 Information on Climbing Mount Batur, Kintamani, Bali
As wise climbers, it would be much better if we knew in advance some information related to the mountain we were going to climb. This will help us during the journey, both when climbing to the top and when traveling down.
Just like Mount Batur, of course, before climbing, you also have to know at a glance about the various aspects of climbing this mountain. So in this article, we will provide information about six things you must know before climbing Mount Batur. The information we mean includes what you should bring and preparations for climbing Mount Batur. Apart from that, there is also some other information that is generally asked by our customers.
- Is climbing Mount Batur difficult?
Climbing Mount Batur is not as difficult as most people imagine. Climbing Mount Batur has four routes, or climbing routes, which can later be adjusted to suit the wishes and abilities of the participants.
Of the 4 existing routes, we recommend using the Toya Bungkah climbing route. Through this route, there are many benefits you can get. This is because the track is quite sloping; this path is also not sandy and only rocky for about 15 minutes. Apart from that, on this route there are also several motorbike taxis that you can rent if you feel tired while climbing.
- Is Mount Batur suitable for beginners?
This is the most frequently asked question we receive. Can beginners climb Mount Batur? The answer is yes! Many beginners, even those who have never climbed at all, can reach the top of the mountain without experiencing any problems. Our advice is to do some light exercise, such as jogging in the morning, for about a week beforehand.
As far as our experience goes, the average adult only needs about 2 hours to climb. It is not uncommon for us to climb together with fathers or mothers who are over 50 years old. Several times this year, we also went up with children under 10 years old.
Thus, we can say that even beginners can still complete the climb to the top of Mount Batur. However, it may take a little longer than usual. Especially for those of you who are beginners, we can arrange an earlier climbing schedule so that during the climb you can have more time to rest.
- What types of clothing are recommended when climbing?
The air temperature at the top of Mount Batur is not too cold. In winter, the temperature ranges from 8 to 12 degrees Celsius. Even though the air temperature is not too cold, we still recommend bringing a light jacket to use in case the wind pressure is a little stronger than usual.
The types of clothing you can wear when climbing are:
- Shorts. Shorts will make it easier for you to move and make you feel comfortable when climbing.
- short-sleeve t-shirt. Should
- Hiking shoes if you have them; if not, sports shoes with good grip are enough.
- Hat. You must also wear a hat, especially when going down; this will protect your face from the hot sun.
- What do you need to bring while climbing?
Apart from preparing the right clothes to wear, it is also necessary to know what you need to bring before climbing. Only bring what is needed during the trip, and don’t bring too many things that are not important. Pack these items in your bag:
- Camera. If your cellphone camera is good, then you no longer need to carry a camera because it will make your bag heavier.
- Wet wipes. Wet wipes are quite important, especially for women. You need to know that during the climb there will be no toilets, and you will need wet tissue if you want to urinate or defecate.
- Hand Sanitizer. It would be better if you also brought handwashing soap or hand sanitizer, which you can use immediately after coming into direct contact with the guide or other people.
- Gloves. Gloves are not very important if you climb a mountain with a duration of only 2 hours. However, if the air temperature changes to cold, this will make your hands warmer.
- Sufficient Cash. If you order a Mount Batur tour price package, the tour provider will cover all necessary expenses. However, you may also want to buy drinks or other food while at the peak. So bring enough cash too!
- When is the best schedule for climbing Mount Batur?
The best time to climb Mount Batur is to see the sunrise. To reach the top, local tourists usually need between 2 and 3 hours of climbing. So for a good time, you will start the climb around 3 a.m.
Maybe some are a little reluctant to climb at night. If so, we can also arrange the tour to climb in the morning and start climbing at 7 or 8 a.m. Apart from that, we also provide camping or camping packages at the top of the mountain for those of you who want to try staying overnight on Mount Batur.
- Who should you climb Mount Batur with?
Climbing a mountain will be more exciting if you invite friends, relatives, or girlfriends. It will be an unforgettable memory, and you must immortalize it on social media. Of course, being with friends or family while climbing will make you feel more comfortable and safe. So what about Mount Batur tour providers?
There are many providers of Mount Batur climbing packages that you can choose from. Each tour has almost the same services but slightly different prices and facilities. The tour price offered usually includes pick-up fees from the hotel, a private guide, an entrance ticket, a donation, breakfast, and climbing equipment. And here are the three packages most frequently ordered by local tourists:
Mount Batur Climbing Information Services:
If you need information or a tour of Mount Batur, then we at baliventur.com can be one of the local guide providers that you can add to your list. We provide various types of packages at competitive prices, and you can adjust them to your needs.
For more complete information about climbing Mount Batur, please contact us at: